It’s so important to have a grateful heart.. you might think that’s a little cliche but I’m telling you .. practicing gratitude on a daily basis is absolutely LIFE CHANGING !! Why? Because when we’re grateful for things, it’s a natural occurrence to be happier about life. You realize the things you have rather than things you don’t.
Gratefulness teaches you to be more appreciative. It helps you to realize that things could always be worse no matter how bad the circumstances are. I’ve been working on practicing gratitude daily and one of the things I do is keep a gratitude journal!
Starting and maintaining a journal can be difficult at first simply because it’s another thing to remember to do, but after a while of keeping a gratitude journal, I promise you it’s worth it! Writing in this type of journal won’t feel like a chore or a job because it’s a peaceful time to just sit and write about something you’re thankful for on that day. So here are a few of the gratitude journaling prompts that I use in case you’d like to start your own journal here are some things you could write about:
- Where did you see God in your life today?
- What prayers have you seen answered recently?
- Who are you most grateful for and why?
- What are you taking for granted today that you should be grateful for?
- Who made you laugh today?
- Recall a time you needed and received encouragement.
- What body part are you grateful for and why?
- Why is it even important to be grateful?
- When is it important to be grateful?
- Why are you grateful for your family?
- If you’re married, why are you grateful for your spouse?
- What kind of food are you grateful for?
- What kind of technology are you grateful for?
- What blessings are you grateful for?
- Do you have any role models that you’re grateful for?
- What traditions are you grateful for?
- Are you grateful for any of the tough times that have made you stronger?
- Who forgave you or better yet, who did you forgive?
- What goals are you grateful for reaching so far?
- What simple thing made today a good day?
- What are you currently learning about God?
- What parts of you do you love about yourself that God created?
- What personal qualities/characteristics do you posses that you’re grateful for?
- What life lesson are you grateful to have learned?
- What are some non-materialistic things that you’re grateful for?
- Lowers stress levels!
- Helps you to gain a new perspective on what you truly appreciate in life!
- It’s a way to find inner peace!
- Genuine Happiness!
- Helps you take care of the things you already have and genuinely appreciate the people in your corner that you’re truly grateful for.
If you don’t have a gratitude journal, then I strongly encourage you to get one! if you don’t want one, try making a list everyday of things you’re grateful for! To do this is rewarding for both your mental health and self care. Journals aren’t expensive! For me personally, having a cute one makes it a little more exciting haha don’t ask me why! I just love cute things! The unique and cutest ones are sometimes the most hardest to find in stores so down below I’ve listed a few CHEAP ones for you that I love!
(These are my affiliate links so if you order one directly from my link, I may receive a small commission at absolutely no extra cost to you! I appreciate any support in advance! Thanks for supporting my small business!)
It comes with a trillion benefits but the one I honestly use it for the most is the FREE SHIPPING !! 🙂 At sign up, you automatically get a 30-Day FREE Trial! If you don’t like it then just cancel before your 30 days are up! They never charge your card. If you do like it but would rather not pay a cheap monthly membership then you can still use the benefits of free shipping during the 30-Day Free Trial and still cancel before the 30 days are up at absolutely NO COST TO YOU!!
Thanks for tuning in and reading today! Remember to practice gratitude EVERYDAY! It’ll change your life in the most positive way!!