Sometimes life gets busy and spins out of my control. Those are moments when I feel the most overwhelmed and as a result I have to fight hard to keep a positive mentality .. even if that means just keeping my head above water. Recently, I’ve decided to invest in something that has helped tremendously with that!
There are many basic benefits of using a planner such as remembering birthdays, appointments, and important events but for me it’s gone much deeper than the basic benefits. I have discovered several health benefits to using a planner:
- STRESS RELIEF – I’m the type of person who likes to plan ahead. I hate last minute stuff and honestly, I just like to be mentally prepared for what’s to come before it actually happens if at all possible! Normally, I would keep everything planned in the back of my head and sometimes I’d end up frustrated because I forgot about something. Being able to write everything down in my planner as far as plans go really helps clear my mind and it also helps my brain to not be so cluttered.
- HEALTHY EATING – I’ve recently made the decision to start a new journey of eating healthier foods. So far, the journey hasn’t been easy BUT having a planner allows me the opportunity to plan my meals and snacks ahead of time! I really enjoy using my planner for this particular matter because it also helps me to organize a better grocery list! (which saves me time when I go in the store since I’ll already know what I’m going to buy.)
- DEFINITELY MORE PREPARED – Having a planner means I get to plan my weeks out and even ahead for the most part. As I mentioned earlier, I like to plan things in advance so that I can be physically and mentally prepared for it. For example, sometimes there are gatherings, events, and parties that I’d really rather not attend but because I’m such a good team-player in my marriage, family, friendships and even coworkers I just suck it up and go but over these past few months… I’ve gotten to where if it’s last minute.. I’m probably not going. If I have to force a good mood.. I’m probably not going. Heck, if it requires fake smiling.. I most likely won’t go unless it’s super important! So being able to look at my weekly schedule and see it at a glance does help me! That probably sounds horrible but I don’t care! haha.
- GOALS – Not only do I have yearly goals, I also have weekly and daily goals! Being able to see these in my planner on a daily basis really keeps me reminded of what all I need to get done and how soon it needs to be completed.
- TIME MANAGEMENT – Knowing what needs to be completed allows me to juggle my time better and prioritize what needs to get completed first. I don’t feel the pressure of procrastination as much anymore.
- SELF-CARE – I plan for “ME” TIME!! I make sure I plan some time for myself to unplug from life and do something I enjoy whether it’s working on my blog, crafting, having a long bubble bath, or catching up on my favorite shows. I make sure I take time for ME! That’s important!
- HAPPINESS – Who in the world would’ve ever thought that something like a planner could bring so much happiness and organization to my life!?! My planner has become a valuable tool to me and I would be absolutely lost with it! Not only does it help organize my life; I have to make it work by actually using it.
If you don’t have a planner, I strongly encourage you to invest in one! Remember, investing doesn’t always mean “expensive”. Mine was less than $10 on Amazon and I also got two-shipping for free since I already have an Amazon Account!! The shipping isn’t entirely too high if you don’t have an account though. Here’s the link to the planner I currently have now! Even if you don’t order it, you can still get a good look at it and all the details!
This is an affiliate link so if you click on it and purchase the product, I may receive a tiny commission from Amazon at NO extra cost to you! I appreciate any and all support!!