Unless you try something beyond what you’ve already mastered, you will never grow! I truly believe that Self-Challenges are a part of Self-Care. There’s definitely more to Self-Care than just relaxation and treating yourself. It’s also about bettering and improving yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually!
So in the photo above are my own personal self challenges … that I fail daily but I do try! Some days I apply myself more than others but I’m on a mission to master each one of these at some point in my life haha! I think this a very healthy self care exercise to do in your own spare time! Make you a list and try to commit to it everyday!
- DON’T COMPLAIN – Try to go a whole 24hrs without complaining and see how much of a positive impact it has on your day. Instead, practice gratefulness!
- NO CUSSING! – Try to refrain from using such foul language. Remember, life & death are in the power of the tongue!! (Proverbs 18:21)
- PRAY FOR YOUR ENEMIES – The day you truly grasp the concept of why it’s important to pray for your enemies is the day you take a huge step of maturity in Christ. You may have had to save yourself from a toxic person but remember under that toxicity is a real person with alot to offer. Pray for their recovery! At the end of the day, Jesus still loves them just as much as He loves you whether you like it or not! Let them go but don’t write them off.
- NO GOSSIPING – This one was hard for me at first but over this past year, I’ve gotten much better at it. I think it has a lot to with who you choose to surround yourself with. Anywho, avoid conversations that aim to tear other people down!!
- DAILY GOALS – Strive to achieve at least one daily goal each day!
- SELF-COMPASSION – Be kind to yourself. Encourage yourself daily! Most importantly, be patient with yourself on your journey to success. Celebrate the small wins! Don’t think that just because their small they don’t mean anything. Success is a SERIES of small wins! Don’t ever forget that!!
- LEARN SOMETHING NEW! – Everyday make it your business to self educate and learn something new whether it’s a new word, healthy habit, new language, etc. Always take time to feed that intellectual part of you!!