To know that you can really make money from blogging is exciting! Even better.. if you’re creative, interested in living the entrepreneur life and hate your current day job.. then blogging could become a CAREER for you!! Although it takes time to reach that kind of success, it is not impossible.
There are a TON of ways to monetize your blog! One of the most popular things to do is Ad Networking. There are sooo many Ad Companies out there that you could work with to bring more revenue to your blog. That’s awesome news but unfortunately it’s not always simple to get started working with them right away.
Every Ad Company has its own guidelines that you have to abide by and most of them generally have requirements that you absolutely have to meet before you’re approved to work with them. Just to give you an idea of what some of those requirements are:
- Buy and use a custom domain name, e.g. your-domain.com
- Create a domain specific email address, example email@example.com
- Add legal pages like About, Contact, Privacy
- Ensure you use a clean easy design.
- Do not use other ads
- Have at least 10-15 well-written blog posts with unique content
- Ensure you don’t use any copyright images or text
- Make sure that you have at least 100 qualified visitors a day
- Do not buy traffic
And then there are some requirements that are just dramatically wild to me. They require:
- A minimum of 500,000 monthly pageviews. (seriously?)
- A minimum of 250,000 monthly pageviews. (that’s not any better especially if you’re a beginner.)
- Some companies even require that you’ve been blogging for at least 4-6 months. (I can understand this one though but it still sucks for new bloggers who haven’t been in the blogging game very long!)
In my time of blogging, I’ve been experimenting with different Ad Companies and trying to see what works best for me. There’s a handful of companies that are fast and easy approval but they don’t pay as much or as often and some of their ads suck! haha! I remember the very first one I got approved for. I was so excited! During my sign up process, I clearly stated that my blog was a combination of mental health, self care and entrepreneur tips………. they approved me and the next thing I know.. PORNO ADS started showing on my site!! Y’all know that’s not how I roll! I’m not against anyone who loves porn but I’m most certainly not promoting it either Not here. Not anywhere.
However, I have found an Ad Company that I absolutely LOVE!! It’s not the only one I use to monetize my blog but it’s a great one for both experienced and beginning bloggers:
Chitika is a popular network among new bloggers and some also consider it as an alternative to Google AdSense.
- Instant Approval – If you’re a new blogger, you can start your blog monetization with them. Approval is instant upon successful registration. In my opinion, Chitika is the only popular adsense alternative or advertising network that approves instantly.
- No Traffic Requirement – For the first time ever, small and new bloggers have a chance!! Since Chikita approves instantly, there is no traffic requirement. (So you don’t have to worry about anything too wild like having 500,000 views before you get started with them haha!)
- Low Minimum Payout – Chitika is one of the few advertising networks with a very low minimum pay out. I LOVE LOW MINUMUM PAY OUTS!! Most Ad Companies won’t allow you to cash out until you make at least $100 but Chitika on the other hand lets you cash out at $50 . That’s attainable in no time!
- Ad Set Up – Chitika provides a good amount of ads for you to place on your blog. The set up isn’t hard at all and if I remember correctly, they send you a tutorial upon approval to help you get started. However, I like learning by watching and listening step by step so I turned to YouTube Videos on how to get everything set up. It’s actually very simple.
- Daily Updated Reports – One of the things I love about chitika is how they give daily updates on the performance of your ads. They also update your earnings too!
TWO CONS I’M GOING TO HONESTLY SHARE WITH YOU
- Earnings – Earnings for Chitika are very low until your blog starts generating a good amount of traffic. That’s the God honest truth. In a way, it kind of sucks BUT at least you as a beginner have a chance to even get started making money vs having to wait until your blog is more developed. My earnings were low in the beginning but as my traffic started to increase, my money did too!
- The quality of Chitika Ads aren’t as good as Google AdSense Ads BUT in my opinion, the Ads they display on your site are most of the time relevant to the content you share.
- Chikita requires a verified PayPal Account before you can withdraw your money. This means bloggers/publishers from PayPal unsupported countries aren’t allowed to join the program 🙁
Here’s the link if you’d like to give a try! http://bit.ly/2SsEqrS
This is an Ad Network for both experienced bloggers and beginners!!