Finding the motivation to keep fit is a universal struggle, but what if you were paid to exercise? That’s the idea behind Sweatcoin, a FREE app that turns your steps into digital currency! I’ve only been using this app for a week.. today makes day #7 actually and I’m excited because I’ve already almost earned my first $25! (see the screenshot below)
Although I am still very new to using this app, I want to share with you some things I’ve learned about it so far! Sweatcoin is basically an app that pays you to walk, exercise or run .. OUTDOORS! Indoor steps don’t count! This is an app that encourages outdoor movement and honestly I don’t think that’s a bad thing!
The amount of money you make with this app all depends on your efforts. The more you walk, the higher your rewards! This app is not restrictive on the type of movements you make so whether you’re jogging or walking, you’ll still be eligible for payment. I thought that was pretty cool!
P A Y M E N T
Let’s talk about the MONEY!! Of course, this is the main part that I’m always most curious about so let’s dive right into it! I’ve learned that you can redeem your Sweatcoins for various rewards, ranging from gift cards to PayPal cash. However, PayPal cash payments are often rare, as the company prefers to reward members with sports-related products and services.
They don’t have a minimum payout requirement. You can redeem your coins at anytime as long as the current offers they have match your account balance available.
PROS & CONS
After doing my little research, here are some of the pros & cons that I found!
- Free to join
- Accepts international members
- Unique app that pays for working out
- Exciting fitness related products and services
- No minimum payout requirement
- Can exchange Sweatcoins for PayPal Cash
- Super Easy App to use
- Works on iPhone & Android
- Reasonable Referral Program
- Does not directly pay cash
- You have to refer friends in order to earn the gift card
- It’s better if you develop a habit of working out in order to really gain from this app
- If you choose to join higher membership levels on this app, you gotta pay with your Sweatcoins in order to maintain the membership
I’m still learning about this app, still adjusting and getting used to it but overall so far … I like it! I’m not very fond of the fact that I can’t cash my coins out directly to my bank account but I’ll still take PayPal and free workout clothing and equipment in a heartbeat!! I’ll be giving an update on my progress sometime next month!! Until then, I want to let you know that this is a completely SAFE, FREE & FUN APP to use!! Here’s the link if you wanna sign up and give it a try! Thanks so much for stopping by to read!!